Cover of “Faster, Better, Cheaper” in the History of Manufacturing: From the Stone Age to Lean Manufacturing and Beyond by Christoph Roser. Available through Productivity Press, part of CRC press, on Amazon.com. Cover is copyright of Productivity Press, used here with permission. Copyright of individual images in the collage are as follows:
- Hand axe by Michel-Georges Bernard and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
- Smith from “Hausbuch der Mendelschen Zwölfbrüderstiftung”, around 1425, in public domain.
- Girl working in an American textile mill 1910. Photo by Lewis Hine, in public domain.
- Automotive spot welding factory. Image by KUKA Systems GmbH and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
- Ford Magneto Assembly Line 1913, , in public domain.
- Steam engine designed by James Watt. Image from Meyers Konversations-Lexikon 1885-1890, in public domain.
Many but not all of the images on this blog are under a Creative Commons License. If and only if the image above is under a Creative Commons license, you can find details for the different licenses at the Creative Commons. The most common licenses are Attribution CC-BY 2.0; 2.5; 3.0; and 4.0; and Attribution Share Alike CC-BY-SA 2.0; 2.5; 3.0; and 4.0;