Jam of material before a bottleneck C. Image by Christoph Roser.
A bottleneck in process C leads to blocking of products and processes before the bottleneck and starving of products and processes after the bottleneck. The products (green balls) are piling up before the bottleneck process C, and are missing afterwards.
This work by Christoph Roser at AllAboutLean.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Please credit the image as shown below. For digital documents and web pages please do include the links as shown below. Thank you.
By Christoph Roser at AllAboutLean.com under the free CC-BY-SA 4.0 license.
- File Name: Jam-before-Bottleneck.png
- File type: png
- File size: 8.80 KB
- Dimensions: 1223 x 296
- Date: September 9, 2013
- SEO Title: Jam of material before a bottleneck C
- SEO Description: Jam of material before a bottleneck C: The products (green balls) are piling up before the bottleneck process C.
- SEO Keywords: bottleneck, jam, material pile,
- Post or page attached: Respect for People – Introduction, Material Flow in the Arsenal of Venice 1797, The Arsenal of Venice, What the OEE is Good for … and What it’s Not,