I have significant experience in consulting and coaching related to manufacturing and lean, including three years at McKinsey & Company in the operations practice, in-house at Robert Bosch GmbH, and currently as a professor of production management. I can help you on your journey to lean, both in German and in English; for other languages I would need a translator.
I have worked in the following industries, including both high-volume-low-mix and low-volume-high-mix productions, in both flow shops and job shops:
- Automotive and automotive suppliers
- Food processing
- Machine tool building
- Chip manufacturing
- Garden tools
- Energy production
- Solar cells
- Electronic manufacturing
- Administrative processes (government and private)
- Metal and mining
- Hand tool production (powered and non-powered)
- and many more
- Shop floor layout
- Pull production
- Plant capability assessment
- Workplace optimization
- Waste elimination
- Reduction of fluctuations
- Establishing of an internal lean group
- Coaching of leadership
- and many more
For my consulting services, I do have two requests:
- Focus: Too often I encounter projects where too many different goals were put on the agenda, or the problem had to fit the solution rather than the other way round (e.g., “our problem is that we don’t have kanban”). To achieve success when setting up cooperation, we need to clarify what exactly the goal of the project is.
- Employee involvement: I do know a lot about lean, but chances are that your employees know much more about your products than I ever will. For a successful project, your people need to be involved. Depending on the type of the project, this often includes blue-collar machine operators or assembly workers.
Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in my lean expertise for a consulting project.