Christoph Roser is a professor of production management at the Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences. He writes based on decades of experience in implementing, researching, and teaching lean manufacturing, including five years working at and researching for Toyota in Japan.
Throughout his career, Christoph Roser has worked in numerous different industry fields including but not limited to automotive, machine building, robotics industry, injection molding, semiconductor, white goods, power tools, heating technology, security systems, energy, paper & pulp, food industry, foundry, and logistics services. Overall, he supported projects in almost two hundred different plants in a multitude of industries.
Christoph Roser also has significant international experience, working in the following countries for up to multiple years: Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Great Britain, Japan, Netherlands, Sweden, and the USA. He is fluent in English and German, and speaks some Japanese.
Industry and Academic Positions
- Manager at Bosch Thermotechnik GmbH, Germany, responsible for production logistics
- Senior project manager at Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany, focusing on Bosch-wide lean implementation and expert training of the Bosch Production System
- Consultant at McKinsey & Company, Germany, Operations Practice focusing on lean transformations for all segments of industry
- Senior Researcher at the Toyota Central Research and Development Laboratories, Japan, focusing on improving the Toyota Production System with an emphasis on bottleneck detection and buffer allocation
- Professor for Production Management at the Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences
- Director of the Steinbeis Transfer Center for Lean Production, Logistics, and Organization.
- Candidate Member of the IFIP Working Group 5.7 Advances in Production Management Systems
- Member of the Lean Global Network
- Ph.D. from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA, with a dissertation on Flexible Design Methodology. Doctoral Advisor Prof. David Kazmer.
- Diploma of Automation Engineering from the Ulm University of Applied Sciences
- Best Paper Award for “Holistic Methodology for Business Process
- Best Paper Award for “Plastic Product and Process Design
- Toyota Central Research and Development Laboratories
Outstanding Invention Award for the patent “Estimating Method
for Variation of Function of Representing Value for Probability
Variable, Computer Program and Recording Medium Recorded the
- Best Paper Award for “Single Simulation Confidence Intervals
Using the Delta Method”
- Marrow Future Technology Award for “Theory of Constraints for
Design and Manufacture of Thermoplastic Parts”
- Best Design Paper Award for “Theory of Constraints for Design
and Manufacture of Thermoplastic Parts”
- ASME Student Travel Award
- Scholarship award of the Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung, Germany
- Award of the University Union Geislingen for academic excellence
- Award of the Economic Council Geislingen for academic excellence in economics
- Profile of Christoph Roser on LinkedIn
- Profile of Christoph Roser on Xing
- List of publications by Christoph Roser on Google Scholar
- AllAboutLean.com YouTube channel
I am also on some social networks, but so far less active: